Question sliding closet doors

Hi all,

I am using Home Designer Suite 8.0. The condo that I am working on has a closet with 96" opening and 3 sliding doors (all three slide, the center door slides left and right , the end doors slide end to center). Does anyone have an idea or method on creating 3 sliding doors? Thanks: Jadans1

Marvin Doors has 3-wide sliding doors that might be suitable. If you haven't already installed it, the file can be downloaded here:

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...ndcontent.html
    Doug S.

HD Pro 9 (Build 9.6.1.1)
    Sketchup 7
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Thumbs up sliding doors

Thx Doug, I'll give it a shot at home tonight.

Jadans1:

Question: from the Door Specifications dialogue box, under the Options Tab, do you have the option to check Three Panels or Four Panels? (BTW - this feature is in Pro 7 version therefore it may not be available in your version; which leaves you with previously mentioned solution.)
    Home Designer Pro 10

I am using HD Suite 8. My option tabs only has 2 doors. I am going to try Doug's shortly.

Well It seems that the Marvin doors are for Suite 7.0. I am running 8.0 on vista and it seems to be not loading. A software issue. Any ideas?

thx.

jadans1

Quote Originally Posted by jadans1
    Well It seems that the Marvin doors are for Suite 7.0. I am running 8.0 on vista and it seems to be not loading. A software issue. Any ideas?

thx.

jadans1
    I had to re-run the installer to remind myself what the thing was doing....

The installer is out of date. It's installing to -
    C:\Program Files\ART Inc\Home Designer Deluxe 7.0\Libraries

You can either copy the files from there - there should be two .alb files - or re-run the installer and enter the appropriate path.

In my version that would be Drive:\users\username\Documents\Home Designer Pro 8.0 Data\Libraries. Check your documentation. For Win XP systems, "Documents" would be "My Documents" for example and of course substitute "drive" and "username" for whatever you have on your system.

If your Home Designer program is open at the time of installation, then from the menu select Library>Refresh Library Browser.

Originally I tried installing to the Manufacturers folder (seemed logical...) but they still showed up under the regular door and window categories. I guess something in the files themselves tells the library browser where they should go.

I hope this solves the "not loading" issue. But if you mean it's refusing to install at all, then that could be just Vista security kicking in. Usually, though, you would get a message saying you need to "run as adminstrator".

Hope something in this long-winded reply helps...
    Doug S.

HD Pro 9 (Build 9.6.1.1)
    Sketchup 7
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

sliding doors

Doug,

That seems to make sense. No it is not asking me to 'run as an administrator'. Just the typical 'allow or not not allow box.

With what you gave me I should be able to work something out. Your machine looks pretty graphic intensive. I am planning on bumping up my memory ( 1 gb to 2 gb) and my cpu from single to dual core, AMD). Even when Vista reverts to Vista basic, it still chugs to much for me.

thanks again.

Jadans1