Thread: Camera view

Question Camera view

I am using Home Designer Deluxe 7.08 on my laptop running Vista. When I select the full camera view, the house does not appear. The program acts like it is showing the house view, and says "done" but there is only a brief flash of the entire house.

Any ideas?

I have the same issue with my laptop/vista. What I have found around this site points to the Intel Chipset integrated video. I have not found a solution.

camera view problem

My video card is a Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family with 358 mb available graphics memory.

I just installed Architectural Home Designer V 8.0 and am having the same problems as many on this site. Tried many options presented in the forums with NO LUCK... I have the Intel 965 Chipset running on Vista SP1. Does anyone have any additional solutions for this combination ?

Quote Originally Posted by slewis004
    I am using Home Designer Deluxe 7.08 on my laptop running Vista. When I select the full camera view, the house does not appear. The program acts like it is showing the house view, and says "done" but there is only a brief flash of the entire house.

Any ideas?
    I've written several posts on this issue in the past. On my 'less powerful' laptop, it would also show that "brief flash" - but then if I clicked on the screen, the house would show up (but not the entire Camera screen). I've recently bought a very cool and high-powered laptop (a Toshiba Qosmio) that has an independent video card that meets the programs minimum requirements which displays all of the Camera functions perfectly. It's performance is worth every dollar spent.
    David
    HD Pro 7.08b
    (since Dec. '05)
    HD ver. 6 (briefly)
    Compaq Laptop
    w/Vista Home Prem.
    Designer / Songwriter
    Owner-Builder
    Engineer / Musician

... Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons . .

The most important thing to keep in mind is probably going to be that an integrated chipset, that shares system memory, like the Intel 945 or 965 chipsets, do not meet the minimum system requirements for running these programs.

However, you can try removing the Intel driver altogether as one of the company people suggested, since it is apparently a problem with the Intel driver itself running on Vista and the generic Windows driver will work correctly, although it will be slow since it doesn't have any dedicated video memory.

http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...ead.php?t=7762

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Park
    Here are the facts.

If you take the Intel driver completely off and use the generic Microsoft Drivers these cards work. They are slow but they work. This points the problem directly to the Intel drivers.

Lately some of the updated Intel drivers along with Vista SP1 have solved these issues for some of the Intel onboard cards.

Other graphics manufacturers, like Nvidia, seem to have done a much better job of getting their hardware to run on Vista.

If you have problems with a system contact the hardware vendor and see if they have any solutions.

Maybe also check out this thread:

http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...ead.php?t=6004

Quote Originally Posted by John Jones
    Chief Architect and Home Designer users that have computers with Intel (and other manufacturers) integrated video chipsets and are running Windows Vista may experience problems generating camera views.

Since driver updates for these chipsets have yet to resolve the Vista issues, we have found a method that will allow these users to use these tools.

With your Chief Architect / Home Designer software closed, right click on the Chief Architect / Home Designer Icon and select “Properties” from the menu.

In the Properties dialog box, click on the Compatibility tab. Place a checkmark in the box for “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and from the dropdown menu, select “Windows 98”.

In the “Settings” section, place a checkmark in the “Disable desktop composition” box.

Under “Privilege Level”, place a checkmark in “Run this program as an administrator” if it is available. If it is not available to check, you have already turned off the Vista User Account Control.

Click OK and launch Chief Architect / Home Designer and try your render camera.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

It appears I may have a solution to my own problem - thanks to my networking experts at work! In Vista if you right click on the icon for Architectural Home Designer, select properties, then select the compatibility tab. I chose "Run this program in compatibility mode for" then selected Windows XP (Service Pack 2). I also selected disable visual themes. This has appeared to solve ALL the 3d IntelVista problems I had!