Thread: Rod for closet

Rod for closet

I need a plain rod, the shelf w/rod cannot be exploded just to down load the rod, I want to finish off the walk-in closet

Hi JoConrad,
    You don't say what version of the software you are using, so this answer may not apply to you.

Select the shelf and open it for editting. Choose the Materials tab and click Rod.
    When the Library Browser opens, choose Materials, then Misc, then Opening (No Material). When you view in 3D you will not see the rod, although you will still see it in plan view (I think).
    Just a suggestion...it will be very helpful in getting answers to questions if you include what version you are using. Most of us do that in our signatures, so that then we don't have to think about it every time. (See mine below). This can be done either through the User CP menu or the Quick Links, both available at the top of the page. I can guarantee that if you don't include this info in some fashion, it will be the first question you are asked in most responses.
    Good luck and hope all of this helps.

OK after reading Lou's much more to the point answer I realized that I answered you, but in reverse. Assign No Material to the shelf....duh. Sorry about that.

You could also try one of the cylinder geometric shapes in the library and size as needed and assign material as needed
    Calsmom
    Home Designer Architectural 2014