Can't get Elevation Line Specification dialog

I've been working on a project for several weeks now. I put elevation lines in earlier in the project, and now I want to change the elevation. When I click on an elevation line, then click on Open Object button, I get a Line Specification dialog box, and not an Elevation Line Specification dialog box.

I have selected for display all elevation layers.

I tried Terrain/Elevation Data/Elevation Line from the pull-down menu (getting the crosshair pointer), then selecting the elevation line for editing, but still get the Line Specification dialog. The message bar at the bottom of the screen indicates I've selected a CAD line. I simply want to change the data on the existing elevation.

BTW, I also tried drawing a new elevation line, on Floor 1 -- as with all the elevation data -- and I can't enter a value for the elevation because I get the Line Specification dialog, and not the Elevation Line Specification dialog.

What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Home Designer Pro, Version 8

http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...ead.php?t=8478

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne
    Select Edit> Edit Behaviors and click on Edit Object Parts to turn it off.

When it is turned on, and you see a check mark next to it, you will receive the Line Specification dialog as opposed to the Elevation Line Specification dialog displayed when you select Open Object.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Thumbs up Ta da! It works!

Thanks, Kat! Who knew this would do it? Regardless, it works. Thanks for your help.