Thread: backsplash

backsplash

How can I fill in backsplash space in my kitchen without "painting" the whole wall with tile? I've got a few inches of"backsplash" at the bottom of my vent hood over the stove, a few inches of it behind my base cabinets, and a filled in space behind a base corner cabinet. I want to fill in the blank spots between my base and wall mounted cabinets and behind the stove to the vent hood.
    My second question: The more stuff I put into my house, the slower my computer runs between modifications. Is there anything that I can do to get it to speed up a bit?

1. http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...ghlight=splash

2. Take stuff out? Upgrade your computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Abby
    My second question: The more stuff I put into my house, the slower my computer runs between modifications. Is there anything that I can do to get it to speed up a bit?
    Tell us about your computer, especially the graphics card. If you have an integrated graphics card (built into the mother board), that may be the problem. Graphics intensive programs like the Home Designer series require fairly powerful graphics hardware to perform at an acceptable level. A pretty good sign that you have insufficient graphics processing power is slooooooow rendering.

Thanks, that helps. I'll see about getting a graphics card.

Slow is a relative term. The more complicated the model the slower the display will be. Sometimes the display is slower than it should be because the correct drivers are not loaded for the graphics card.

For the best performance you need to balance the grapics card with the CPU and memory. All of these have an effect on performance. Maxing out one item while ignoring the others will not give you the best results.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Thanks for all the help on the second question. Hopefully today I'll get that problem resolved. Now, does anyone have any ideas about my first question?

I took out what I could before I wrote the question. No help there. There wasn't much I could take out. Telling me to upgrade is like speaking greek to me. Sorry, not computer savvy. The graphics card was a good idea from another source, though. I had something to go by and I had help installing it. That made it go faster. At least I'm not having lunch in between mouse clicks ( a bit exaggerated, but you get the idea). Thanks for asking.

Sorry, I completely skipped over the link that kilgore referenced. Yes, that soffit solution did work. I just tried it. Thanks!