2 questions please

I'm New & have 2 questions
    #1 I placed a corner wall cabinet & it has a Backsplash attached below it.
    How do i remove the backsplash ?

#2 I tried to change the cabinet color to Cherry,but i only see the frame Cherry,how do i get the front to change.

1.) you can probably "paint over" the tile backsplash ? with the same colour as the walls , not sure if just the tile part can be removed in HD , you dont say which version you have ,and diff. ones can do diff. things or have diff workarounds.Someone probably has better advice once they know the version you have.

2.) sounds like you need to change the door material as well as the cabinet material to cherry

Mick.
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by desgnr
    I'm New & have 2 questions
    #1 I placed a corner wall cabinet & it has a Backsplash attached below it.
    How do i remove the backsplash ?

#2 I tried to change the cabinet color to Cherry,but i only see the frame Cherry,how do i get the front to change.
    What version of the software are you using? Depending, either set the Backsplash Height to 0" on the General tab, or on the Materials tab, set it to Opening (No Material) to remove it.

You probably used the material painter instead of opening the cabinet and changing it on the Materials tab. If you have version 8, see
    Article Number 851: How to use the Material Painter modes
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

My Best Guess

Firstly, go to the "Quick Links" and select "Edit Profile". Then, add your product and version to your signature. It will help the really accomplished users to know what software you're using.

In answer to your first question, in the Cabinet dialog box (dbx) there are backsplash settings. I have attached a picture of them. One is for a wall backsplash setting and one is for the base cabinet backsplash setting. Make sure they're both set according to your needs. (Pictures 1 & 2)

As far as changing the cabinet to cherry, there are multiple materials settings that must be changed, not just the 'cabinet' setting. See the third attachment. I have highlighted all the parts that must be changed to make the entire cabinet cherry. (Picture 3) I've only highlighted the cabinet pieces, but, there are many more items for which you will need to specify a library material.

Alternately, you could change all the defaults for these various cabinet settings to 'cherry' and that way you wouldn't be changing every individual cabinet. (Edit/Default Settings)

That being said, I've owned this product for less than a year. I'm no authority. Basically, I still stumble around until I figure it out.

Since you're new, don't be afraid. Start changing things and see what happens. It's trial by fire, but, it works.

Also, while the search engine here is not the best I've ever used, I can normally find most of the answers by simply doing a search.

Good luck!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HomeTalkAnswer1.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	8050   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HomeTalkAnswer2.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	8051   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HomeTalkAnswer3.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	8052  
    Sheryl
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Version 8.5.5.15

Own, but don't use:
    Architectural Home Designer
    Version 8.0
    Build 8.4.0.66

My software is Home Designer Suite 8
    Build 8.5.5.18

Doright:
    Your version is different than mine.
    I don't have a setting for Backsplash on wall cabinets
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	8053  

Differences in versions

Not having a backsplash option on a wall cabinet is probably one of the many differences between Suite 8 and Pro 8.

I did have Suite 8, but, removed it from my computer when I upgraded. If you can't get the backsplash from the base cabinet option, I have no clue how to fix it.

I'm having some backsplash issues, as well. I'm sure it's something I've done wrong.

Don't forget to edit your signature in the 'quick links' (above next to Log Out) to include your version. That way, every time you post, the version will be displayed. Saves you time and keeps the responders from having to ask before answering. I think I told you to edit your profile before, but, that was wrong. It's the signature.

Sorry.
    Last edited by doright; 03-06-2009 at 06:10 AM.
    Sheryl
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Version 8.5.5.15

Own, but don't use:
    Architectural Home Designer
    Version 8.0
    Build 8.4.0.66

Hi , i have HDS8 too (ignore my earlier response on "painting" there is a better way ,Sheryl's 3rd image above shows the DBX for wall cabinets as seen in HDS8 too ,on your image ,you need to choose the Materials Tab 1st,you can then assign any library material if you choose backsplash then "select material" , eg if you just want drywall scroll down the library to wallboard and choose default (drywall), seems to work for me....

Mick.
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5