I am using Home Designer Suite 9.0 to create a visualization model for renovating my house. I have been able to use the auto dormers without too much difficulty . . . but unfortunately I keep running into one annoying snag:

My house has a upper level that is a '1/2 story' with dormers whose outfacing wall/window do not have a roof overhang in front. I cannot seem to recreate this in the software and my full height windows get 'clipped' in the middle by the roof overhang . . . is there any way around this?

Here is a picture of the house showing the dormersI was talking about . . . I would like to be able to reproduce this without the overhang in front of the window. . . I have tried creating interior rooms with different ceiling heights and that works except that I have walls where I don't want them, and if I create them as hidden, then I don't get exterior walls on the dormer where I should have them . . . am I asking for too much, here?

Home Designer Suite 9.0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66 sixteenth.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	9569  

Quote Originally Posted by gotdabluz View Post
    . . . am I asking for too much, here?
    I don't think so.

Have you tried to manually draw the dormer walls, rather than use the automatic dormer tool?
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10