Question Home Designer 8 with Windows 7?

I have the Better Homes & Gardens version of Home Designer Pro version 8 but haven't used it yet because I need a new computer to handle it. I am now ready to purchase the computers (desktop and laptop) and am wondering if I can use Windows 7 with version 8. If not, can I upgrade my version 8 without having to throw it out and spring for all new software when I haven't even used this yet? I've had it for more than 30 days.

Also, will I have any problems with rendering without Quadro?

Thanks for your help. This is all new to me.

Windows 7 is not listed as a compatible operating system for the old version 8.0 programs. Only the current version 9.0 programs are supported on Microsoft's latest operating system.

Article Number 73: What operating systems does Home Designer run on?

System requirements for the current version can be found at: http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...ts/sysreq.html

• Windows 7 / Vista / XP
    • 2.4 GHz processor
    • 5 GB of available disk space
    • 2 GB of Memory
    • DVD drive
    • 128 MB video card for Windows 7/XP
    • 256 MB video card for Windows Vista
    • High speed Internet for registration and video access

Quote Originally Posted by Katalyst777 View Post
    It looks like there are two things that could potentially apply here. But you should probably contact the company directly to discuss your options.

If you purchased more than 30 days ago, they have upgrade rebates on the website at: http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/rebates/

If you purchased within the past 30 days, they have a Current Version Guarantee which is under the Shop heading in Satisfaction Guarantee section.

Current Version Guarantee
    If you purchased one of our products from a qualified retail outlet and you found that your product is not the most current version within the past 30 days, we can help you get the most current version of the same product. Simply pay the price difference for the current version and we will ship you the product. Fill out our Current Version Guarantee form.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Thanks. You were all immensely helpful!