Longitudinal Wall built into Vertical Terrain

So -- I'm a new home owner! Yay! Signed the paperwork yesterday.

That being said, I purchased Landscaping and Deck Designer 8 a few days before signing the paperwork. Played with it some and decided that wasn't quite powerful enough for what I wanted. So, I grabbed Architectural Home Designer 9. Good decision.

AHD9 is pretty easy to use, especially after watching the training videos. I've drawn my house multiple times based on a few measurements and pictures. (For those that are curious about the multiple times - call it training/software orientation. )

I'm having some issues incorporating the house into the landscape. The land on which my house sits is somewhat stair shaped. Level 0 is the start of the developed area. It rises to a flat area - call it it Level 1. The first floor of the house (and slab) are on this level. One longitudinal wall of the house is built into the side of the hill. This causes the main entrance of the house to be on the second floor, at the top of this vertical wall/area. This second level (Level 2) is flat rectangular with a sloping area leading down the driveway on Level 1.

I'm looking for just a "small" hint. How do I draw the side of the house into the side of the hill?

Thanks,

Darrell

Darrell, see if the tips in this thread help.

http://www.chieftalk.com/showthread.php?t=33235
    Don B.
    HD Pro 8 (Build 8.5.5.15)
    Windows XP Pro

This looks somewhat similar to my situation... I don't have retaining walls but do plan on building them. If I build them into the plan now, ... let me play with it.

Thanks,
    Darrell