Thread: counter top

counter top

Hi, using home designer 8 suite:

DO I need to add a base cabinet in order to add a countertop? I have a corner base cabinet area where its just dead space and was wondering:

1.) how to get the counter and backsplash to wrap around the corner properlly (see pic)

Also was curious:

2.) How to make the counter top edge style match (sink base/dw edge is different than others)

3.) Is there a way to select all cabinets and make them all the same style or is there a way for the format painter to do this?

4.) Having trouble with the 1st upper cabinet on the left showing double doors, I know its a double door cabinet because I copied and pasted it from the one above the sink (36") then resized down to 24" but doors jump down from 2 to 1 when resized

Any help what so ever appreciated!!!

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kitxhen.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	9718  

Only Architectural Home Designer and Home Designer Pro have the Custom Countertop tool which allows you to create a countertop without a base cabinet.

Article Number 983: How to create a custom shaped countertop

You might be able to achieve what you want though by checking out this other online Help Database article.

Article Number 855: How to create a breakfast bar

There must be something different about the cabinet with the sink in it. Possibly the height?

Article Number 1009: How to use dynamic defaults to change all of the cabinet face items in a plan

Your version might automatically add double doors when a cabinet is at a certain width. Open the wall cabinet's specification dialog and in the preview of the cabinet, select the door to go to the Face tab and set it as a Double Door.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

No luck with step 4

Hi, I tried the below but it wont seem to let me change the doors to double for the standard base cabinet, what I had to do Is choose a replace with a different looking cabinet (cant find a wall double door though to replace). Under object properties do you know where to go ? Is it door style or face item?

Thanks!

================================================== =====
    4.) Having trouble with the 1st upper cabinet on the left showing double doors, I know its a double door cabinet because I copied and pasted it from the one above the sink (36") then resized down to 24" but doors jump down from 2 to 1 when resized

(Cabinet objects are pre-programmed to have a single door up to 24" wide and automatically jump to double doors starting at 25". You can manually open the dialog box of the offending cabinet and change it or you can change cabinet defaults for all such cabinets; either way will work.)

Face Items> Item Type. This article provides basic instructions on editing cabinets to point you in the right direction.

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=189
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DoubleDoorWallCab.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	9724  
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7