2nd floor wall pierces ceiling below

Using HD Pro 9, I have designed a 2-story house where the 'open below' stairway room contains curved interior walls. The attached layout shows the 2nd floor which has another wall connecting to the 'open below' room.

When the 2nd floor wall (containing a door) is connected to the curved 'open below' room, a splinter of the wall extends through the floor and is visible at the ceiling on the 1st floor. Disconnecting the wall removes the ceiling splinter. Checking 'Stop at Floor Platform' for the wall does not fix the problem.

How do I remove this wall splinter produced from the wall when connected to an open stairway on the floor above? Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hd9_issue2b.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	9740   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hd9_issue2a.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	9741  

For full-sized photos of the problem, see:

www.seacross.com/hd9/hd9_splinter_1.png

www.seacross.com/hd9/hd9_splinter_2.png

Deleting and re-creating the offending wall that produces the splinter does not correct the problem. I guess that disconnecting the wall and manually adding a box-shaped object between the straight wall and the "open below" stairway might work, but let me know if there is a cleaner way to fix the splinter.
    Last edited by Steven Scott; 11-18-2009 at 11:18 AM. Reason: spelling

Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

fyi: tech support quickly discovered this was "user error" by a newbie (me) that at some point (probably during the learning process) had turned off angle snaps. Thus, many wall angles were at not at the mathematically precise angle required for a perfect joints between the walls in question. For example, one wall angle was 89.951878 instead of 90.0

As with most very complicated software, it usually boils down to "user error".

Thanks everyone