Home Designer Suite 8.0

I've been watching videos of how you can select and edit items when in 3d view. When I try to do this, the following happens:

First of all, it returns me to the 2D view, but overtop of that is what looks like a large wireframe view of the object I clicked on. When "this" object is left selected I press enter and I'm back in 3D mode.

Have I got a setting wrong somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any help

Abe

I've attached a partial screenshot to show what it looks like after selecting in 3D mode

The first image here is in 3D mode. I wanted to change the cupboard (at top) colors. I chose the selection tool and clicked on the cupboards. It reverts to 2D as shown in the second image. Again. Home Designer Suite 8.0 Windows 7.0 64 bit. 8 mb ram, quad core processor, ATI Tadeon HD3200. Weird huh?

oh yeah. Used the full camera to view in 3D, Floor Camera does the same thing.

Will wait to Saturday noon PST to see if someone knows what this is. Otherwise may need to uninstall and reinstall. I just installed the program yesterday - maybe something went wrong during install.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	260 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	9902   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	9903   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture3.PNG 
Views:	266 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	9904  
    Home Designer Suite 8.0

This is most likely a video card or driver problem.

The very first thing to try whenever you have strange behaviour on your computer screen is to reboot your computer. Video cards can sometimes get in a state where they will behave badly and a reboot can sometimes correct this.

The next thing to do is to make sure that you have dowloaded and installed the latest update for your version of Home Designer. There were a number of updates released and it is possible that this was a problem that was corrected in one of them.

The next thing to do, assuming that you are still having the problem, is to download and install the latest video drivers for your card. The video card companines frequently release updates when they find and correct problems that were in earlier versions of their drivers.
    Dermot Dempsey
    Principle Software Engineer
    Chief Architect, Inc.
    http://www.ChiefArchitect.com
    http://www.HomeDesignerSoftware.com

That did the trick I guess the video card is ok now. My original plan is working ok in Cheif Architect X2 - thanks for all your help guys
    Home Designer Suite 8.0