Updating Home Design Deluxe v7 plan

Hi. It's been awhile since I've been on this forum. I'm trying to update our house plan,using Home Designer Deluxe v7. Ran into a couple problems, hope someone here can help.

1) Carport. The carport now extends the whole 30' width of the house. I can move the invisible carport walls, but I'll need to rebuild the roof. The last time I rebuilt the roof on this design, I had to first take the 2nd and 3rd floors and reduce their height to one foot. Doesn't seem to work anymore, even with all the 2nd and 3rd floor interior walls removed. Can I rebuild the roof or has this design become too complicated?

2) Roof. On the 2nd floor, lower left, I see a triangle, in green roof line. What is it and how do I remove it?

3) Carport. Now our carport is made of long 2x12 tied off the end of the main roof. The carport door just clears. There is no carport gable. How do I remove the carport gable from the plan?

4) Carport. The carport is held up by 2x6 posts. I have the outside wall holding up the carport invisible. How can I show posts?

5) Gable question. Is it possible to show the main house gables in one color, the rest of the first floor in another?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...Dennis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	10123  
    Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by dallen24_id View Post
    4) Carport. The carport is held up by 2x6 posts. I have the outside wall holding up the carport invisible. How can I show posts?
    Article Number 908: How to create a carport

Quote Originally Posted by dallen24_id View Post
    5) Gable question. Is it possible to show the main house gables in one color, the rest of the first floor in another
    Sure, just specify the wall material appropriately.

Article Number 71: How to change the color or material of a single wall
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7