Stairwell is closed

Am a newbie with home design software. I have version 9.0. I got stuck with creating stairs. I can easily create a stairwell by auto stairwell but the stairs is not open. At one time i was able to create a stair that is open going to the second floor but now i can not do it. What i also notice that when i create the stairs in the first floor and before creating a stairwell, on the second floor i don't see the stairs protruding depsite stairs reached second floor. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Suite 9

I created an empty floor plan in home design version 9.0 just to test auto stairwell but still it does not open. Stairs reached second floor. Attach are the images.
    Just guessing. Are you using the floor camera view instead of the full camera view? The fllor camera restricts the view to the room it's in and shows nothing beyond the doorway or stairwell.
    Doug S.

HD Pro 9 (Build 9.6.1.1)
    Sketchup 7
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Thanks. I was using the floor camera when viewing it. Now i see the reality when using the full camera. Now am back with this great software. Thanks a bunch.
    Suite 9