Thumbs up saving a custom material created in Pro 9

I have selected a roof material in Home Designer Pro 9 and then I used a custom color to blend with the designated roof shingle. Can this new material be saved to my custom materials? The shingle material already exists in my program, but not in the color of my choice. My purpose in saving the new material is to apply it to part of a pony wall. As it is now, whenever I apply the new material, the entire pony wall changes. I believe if I can keep the blended material as a separate custom material, I will be able to apply it to only the upper portion of the pony wall.
    Pro 9

I'm only using the Pro 9 trial, which doesn't allow saves, but you should be able to save a copy of the material in your user library, and then modify the copy. That is the process normally used in Pro 8 for altering the standard library materials.

If you're using the eyedropper and spray can to apply your material, look in the lower left corner (where the object tool bar usually is) while using the spray can tool and you'll see there are different modes that can be selected. Some modes apply global changes, and others apply more local changes to a specific object. Choose the best mode for your application.

If you have unused wall types in your pre-defined wall definitions list, you should probably alter one of those to better create your pony wall with the materials that you want.

Another option is to manually place a very thin soffit, with the appropriate material applied, over the area that you want to change.
    Last edited by Elovia; 06-13-2010 at 01:31 PM.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10