garage wall heights

i have a question regarding wall heights for my garage.why are they generating walls that are taller than what is specified in the room dialog box( sorry but can't seem to capture that image).ceiling height calls for 8' above the stem wall. any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	garage1.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	10947  

Welcome to the forum, kipper.

Do you have a partial second floor built above the first floor? It looks like you've created a 1 1/2 story structure.

You'll want to be sure and tell us which software title and version that you're using. It helps us give better answers because the different titles and versions vary in their abilities.

You're measuring the height from the top of the stem wall to the top of the floor platform. The room ceiling height (b) in the Room Specification dialog is to the bottom of the floor platform usually, unless you've specified otherwise.

Hope this helps.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10

Hi Elovia
    the garage should not have a second or partial second floor room.I show the dimensions to highlight the different heights.It should only be a 8' wall on one or two course of block.I can't see to bring the roof down to meet the walls.
    I am using hd pro9

It looks like 8' walls to me. The 6 3/8" is either floor or ceiling joist.

Dean
    HD9 Pro Demo

garage walls

hi dean
    ya the interior wall height is fine.there is not suppose to be loft or attic and i would assume that the rafters or trusses would meet at the intersection of the top plate and wall at the 8'-6 3/8" point ;not the higher level.i'll try to show the room spec box tonight to see if i have something wrong.

Look at it with your glass house camera. It will show whats going on that other views don't show.

Dean
    HD9 Pro Demo

glass house

hi dean
    ok i'll try the glass house model tonight when i get home.i am newish to this program and i wasn't sure what the purpose of the glass mode was.thanks again.

Your most welcome.

From reading Chieftalk post I see its used allots for trouble shooting.

Dean
    HD9 Pro Demo

glass mode

Hi Dean
    Here is a shot of the garage.I don't see anything wrong other than the walls are higher than the cieling plane .The garage was drawn after the house.Not sure if this has anything to do with thier height.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	garage.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	10966  
    hd pro9

For anyone else that may be interested in this issue ... I've seen kipper's plan and I don't know the root cause of it, but the fix is fairly straight forward. There are automatically generated second floor attic walls that should be deleted after deleting the roof planes and setting the room specification heights to the desired settings. Then build manual roof planes and adjust them to form gable ends. Alternatively, kipper could lower each of the roof planes by the required amount, but that might cause framing issues later due to the presence of the generated floor/ceiling platform.

I suspect, but am not sure, the reason the attic walls were automatically built was due to the sequence of building. I suspect the roof planes were built (and locked) prior to setting the room specification heights, and so Pro 9 automatically added the attic walls between the top of the room walls and the underside of the roof planes. The plan has significant lowered terrain that the garage sits upon.

Nice puzzle.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10