Thread: import

import

Sorry I am asking so many questions at one time. On one of my post a suggestion was to look on 3D warhouse. I did down load GoogleSketch, and did find a inside water feature. I down loaded it to my computer, and tried to export it to Pro 9.. But could not find it. Then I tried importing it using Pro 9 from sketchup. I still can not find it in Pro 9..

Does anyone have any suggestion for me.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Bill Weathersbe

If the object is in SketchUp version 6 format, you can import it into Pro 9 using File -> Import -> 3D Symbol ...

The key is that the symbol needs to be in version 6 format. If it isn't, then you'll need to open the symbol in the current version of SketchUp and Save As version 6 (*.skp). After it is converted, then use the import 3D symbol mentioned above.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10

I downloaded ver.7 today, do I still have to convert it to verion 6. Sorry but O do not know what the (*.skp) means.

thanks,
    Bill
    Bill Weathersbe

*.skp is the file extension for a SketchUp file, where the asterisk is a placeholder the file name. If the symbol you want to import into Pro 9 is not saved as version 6 format, then you'll need to do so. You can do that in SketchUp version 7. In SketchUp, open the symbol and then use File -> Save As ... and then choose to save it as version 6 format.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10

thanks for the info.

Bill
    Bill Weathersbe