Angled Cabinets and Breakfast Bars

Trying to build an island consisting of a cental base cabinet and two wings at 45 degrees. First base cabinet butts up and the filler wedge forms. However, nothing I can do seems to make it work for the secound on on the other side.

Those same cabinets neet to have a breakfast bar on the back side. Again, I haven't a clue how to build it. Tried to place a narrow cabinet, but then there is a kick that should not be there. Went to look in the Architechtual Blocks for an example as described in the tutorial videos, but can not find that either...

Running Arch 9.0 if that helps

Thanks
    ---------------------------
    Dan

Welcome to the forum, Dan.

I'm not sure why the second cabinet is not creating the filler wedge for you. I just tried it in the Pro 9 trial and it worked. I suggest that you take a look at your object snap settings and make sure they're enabled. Then use the Ctrl key to drag the second cabinet into place or very near to it. Be careful not to overlap the two cabinets (even the tiniest bit), because that will cause the filler wedge to not form.

As for the kicks ... you should be able to customize those in the cabinet specification dialog.

Good luck.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10

Eventually I did get it to work. Very fine placement was indeed the answer.

Any suggestions on how to do breakfast bars?