Awning on first floor of a two story home.

Hello. I'm new to the forum and the program. I'm working on projected "after" images for a home that's being remodeled. It's going well, but I'm having an issue with the roof. It's a two story home and the roof line from the garage extends as an awning that separates the two floors. Please see the attached photo as a reference of the house and what I have so far in the program. I'm not sure how to achieve this look... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	11183
    Home Designer Suite 9.0

Which software title and version are you using? Different titles will have a slightly different approach to solving this issue.

It is difficult to tell from the image, but are you sure the 2nd floor walls are directly above the 1st floor walls as shown in your model? If the walls are offset (i.e., the lower wall protrudes further than the upper wall), then the software should generate a roof plane over that situation.

If the walls are co-planar, and you have Pro, you should be able to select the roof plane over the garage in Plan view, use the break line tool on that plane where it butts against the corner of the walls, and grab the short overhang section to drag it the length of the building.

If the walls are co-planar and you do not have Pro, you'll need to preemptively design the roof overhang by offsetting the upper walls, let the software draw the roof as though the walls were not co-planar, make sure Auto Rebuild Roof option is disabled, and then manually move the walls to be in alignment with each other. The trick with this method is to calculate and be aware of the difference between your build and final settings to get the roof planes built as you want them in.

Hope this helps.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10

I am using Home Designer Suite 9.0. The walls are co-planer from the 1st to 2nd floor and your suggestion Elovia for preemptively building the walls off then changing them worked really well for the roof! It changes all the wall heights on my first floor and lost my material settings for both exterior levels though.... I'm playing around with that now and I'm pretty confident I can overcome those.

Thanks so much for the help!!
    Home Designer Suite 9.0

You're welcome.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10