Question adding an area rug

How do I add an area rug on top of a tiled floor?

There should be a rug in the library and you can find it by using the library search feature.

There are other ways to create them (such as soffits or slabs) but they would depend on your version.

area rugs

Help, i,m a new user. I cannot put an area rug on a floor from the materials libary?need help!

There are "rug objects" and there are "rug materials" and they are two different things.

First, place your rug object by selecting it in the interior furnishings library and then placing it in your plan. In HD Deluxe, the rectangular rug is in Interior Accessories in the Cushions and Rugs folder. It may be in the same place in ID.

Now, you can change the material to one of the other rug materials. Create a camera view looking at your rug. Open the material library and look for the rug materials in the Flooring folder under Rugs. Select the rug material you want and then click on your rug to apply the material.

If this does not solve your problem, then you need to be more specific about what you are trying to do.

how to place rugs?

When I move a rug from the library, it covers the entire room. I only want it under the sofa, etc. in the seating area. How do I decrease the size?

You click on an object in the library and then click in the plan or camera view to place it (or paint with it). You have to pay attention to what you are selecting in the library. There are both rug "objects" and rug "materials" in the library. Rug objects should be in the fixtures or furniture section of the library. Rug materials shoudl be in the material section of the library. You must first place a rug object and then you can apply any rug material you want to it. You can place rug objects in either plan view or camera views. You can only paint materials in a camera view.

That's it! Thanks.

Can't lay down rug??

Hi, I just got Interior Desinger 8.0 yesterday and I went to the furnishing section and tried to laydown a rug... I wouldn't let select it. I'm stuck. I'm able to put other pieces of furniture down, but nothing of any flooring type is working. Please can someone help. Also is there a 800 phone help # for tech support?
    Thanks

Are you trying to place a material directly, or are you placing a rug from the Furnishings(Interior)> Interior Accessories> Rugs section?

You can contact tech support online at: http://support.homedesignersoftware.com/
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Thanks

Hey, thanks to you, I figured it out, wasn't going into the furnishings/accessories section. Okay, now that I've selected the rug, how do I specify the colour and style from here/

The same way you change a material on anything else, select the rug, click on the Open Object edit button, and go to its Materials tab. You can then browse to a material, like the rug materials that you were trying to apply directly to the floor.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

I agree with Katalyst777 said. You have to know where you will use the area rug.