Repositioning materials

Hi
    I'm wondering if there is a way to move a material on an object? I know it is possible to re-scale and rotate, though I specifically want to be able to relocate it. Here's why...I use the program for interior decoration and quite often import large scale prints to use on pillows and armchairs etc. When I have two pillows or chairs beside one another with a large scale print on them, the objects appear identical (i.e if there is a distinctive large bird it is in the same location on both objects) which is not ideal. I'd prefer for the prints to look more random, that said, I want to be able to maintain the same scale and direction. Does this make sense? I know it's no comparison to Home Designer, though I have used Plan 3D in the past which provides a drag and move function for materials which I found endlessly helpful.
    Anyone know if this is achievable somehow (without having to edit and then use two different materials)?
    Thanks so much
    Last edited by Kristine Watson; 06-30-2012 at 07:31 PM.

It can be done as you suggest in Chief Premier by adjusting the X and Y coordinates for a material.

I do not think so in the Home Designer line, but you might make a suggestion or feature request.

Other than making a custom texture image, or the extant controls you are already aware of, that you mentioned. I do understand your concern and agree that greater control of such things would be a big plus.

DJP