Reset My Computer, License Doesn't Work

Hi everyone,

My computer has been causing me problems recently so today I restored it to its factory defaults so that I could set it up like a brand new computer. Much to my dismay, when I attempted to install my copy of Home Designer Suite 10, it said that I couldn't register the software because it was already installed on another computer, that "other computer" being this same PC before restoring it an hour earlier. I was unaware that you were required to "deactivate" your copy before uninstalling so that it could be installed on a different OS, but that's obviously completely impossible at this point.

So what do I do now? Am I required to purchase another license for Home Designer Suite 10 or is there some way I can retrieve the license from before the restore? There is no Emergency Transfer Password available and I'm completely lost.

Thank you in advance,
    Zach

Zach,

You will need to contact Chief Architect directly to have them reset your license. As I recall, authorized purchase of Pro version 10 software includes up to three emergency transfers, but that transfer is only available through CA. The lesson learned should be to deactivate your license prior to reformatting.

Sorry if this isn't much help.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10

The programs that are less advanced than Pro have a maximum of three activations. There is no emergency transfer option for any Home Designer program other than Pro.

You have to uninstall the program, while connected to the internet, to release an activation. If you are getting a warning with Suite 10, then you've used up all three.

Do you still have the program on another system where you can install with an active internet connection?

If not, then you'll need to contact Customer Service to see if they can reset one of your installs for either free or a fee.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Aleccer Guest
    the solution which exist for this problem is that you first uninstall the program and then install the program on your new computer while connected to internet