1st and 2nd floor deck dimensions are different???

This model has both a 1st and 2nd floor deck - one above the other and they should be exactly the same. The first floor model includes a deck that shows it measures 20' 2" X 10' 11". Then the second floor was created using the 1st as the reference. The 2nd floor deck indicates 20' 5" X 11'. What causes this difference?? Thanks, Bill B.
    Pro 2014

Delete whichever one isn't right, then select the railings on the floor which are, choose Copy, move to the other floor, select Paste Hold Position.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Deck over Deck - still have problems

Kat, thanks. What I am seeing as the problem with the different deck sizes in when the 2nd floor is added (using the 1st floor as the reference point) the exterior walls do not line up exactly ??? That, in turn, causes the deck sizes to be different.

The other problem is that I cannot generate support posts for the 2nd floor deck. I click on the Advanced Deck Framing button and nothing happens. The attached picture illustrates the current configuration.

Any ideas or suggestions are most welcome. cheers, Bill B.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deck Over Deck.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	12870  
    Pro 2014

Bill,

In terms of dimensions that do not agree, you should always suspect first that those dimensions are not measuring to the same dimension points in both cases, check those first. Once you are sure each string measures to the same points on each floor and that those walls are properly aligned, floor to floor, if still then displaying different then take action manually.

Support posts can be ordered via the "Wall Specification Dialog - Railing Tab - Post to Overhead Beam" setting per wall, their spacing can be controlled by the in put box for "Newel" input. Unless you want a "Half Post" at the walls, uncheck that as well.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

David, Kat - thank you both very much. I now understand my mistake. I simply drew deck railings instead of creating a wall and then changing it to a railing style. It looks fine now. I'm learning :-)
    I still do not understand how the 2nd floor dimensions can be slightly different from the first if you derive the 2nd from the 1st. cheers, Bill B.
    Pro 2014