Prevent walls snapping to size when 1/2 length of wall width

I have tried searching and checked the help but can't find anything, I am using Home Designer Suite 2014.

I have a wall formation in a T shape ... the walls are 30cm thick. I need one branch of the T shape to be 11cm long. The problem is that the moment the length of this branch reaches 1/2 the thickness of the wall or less it snaps into the wall (removing the branch altogether).

Disabling all snapping options does not appear to make any difference.

Is there a known workaround for this?

I opened my copy of Suite 2014 and was able to do this rather easily but I am a veteran user for many years.

Never the less, what I did is to draw the walls and then there are two methods you can use:

1.Draw your wall that you want to control the length of, select it, then carefully left-click on the resulting "auto-temporary dimension" that appears, when done successfully that presents an input box where you can change the length value of the selected wall (in my case I choose 11 CM and it worked just fine when I hit the :enter" key)

2. Select the wall, open its dialog box. In that dialog box you will see a "Length" input box that shows its current length value. Alter that value to the value you desire and then close the dialog using "OK"

The first method above seem the more reliable of the two but I did get both to work.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Those are two of the techniques I have tried without success. Here is a screenshot of the offending part of my plan ... the walls are 330mm thick and the wall type is thick brick.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stubborn-Wall.png 
Views:	229 
Size:	3.5 KB 
ID:	12925

The section that protrudes 350mm can be resized down to 166mm using these methods but resizing it to anything smaller makes it disappear. I want to resize it to 110mm.

I am a little puzzled as to why this works for you but not me. I have switched all 3 snap settings off, maybe it is another setting that you have disabled?

If I could attach my plan I would but that extension type is blocked.

Snap settings have nothing to do with this action, when I get time, I will make a video of what I did, perhaps tomorrow.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook