HD Architectural 2014 running very very slowly...

Hi everyone, I'm a new forum user but a long time user of Home Designer. I've been using HD 9.0 suite but after a PC failure I decided to upgrade to HD Architectural 2014. The PC is a core i5 at 2.4GHz, with 4GB memory with Intel HD graphics providing OpenGL3.1. It runs Windows 7 64bit prof.

My problem is that Designer runs so slowly as to be unusable. For instance, on a new plan if I draw a straight wall it takes over 20 seconds after releasing the mouse before the wall is shown on the plan. Designer 9.0 ran like lightning on much lower spec. so I'm sure there must be something wrong. I've checked the preferences and it's recognising the graphics driver and not reporting any errors and I've checked the CPU usage and it's running at a few percent with 2GB of free memory....

I was going to try out the older 9.0 version but as the previous PC died I couldn't uninstall the license so can't install on the new PC, I've raised a ticket to see if I can get this fixed but in the meantime can anyone offer any thoughts on what the problem with 2014 version could be.

Thanks in advance

Richard

Call Chief Architect Tech Support during their office hours, M-F Pacific time.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Turns out that my PC isn't supported as it has integrated graphics, shame really as that rules out all the PC's in our household as they are all based on this Intel configuration, as most laptops are, including our Macbook Pro...

However, as a work around for anybody else in this situation, you can run the program as Administrator. This appears to work fine and the program is very responsive and graphics rendering is also excellent, but this is not officially supported.

Richard