Adjusting floor materials

Hi all, me again!

I'm using AHD8 and would like to know how I can adjust the size of the rugs to stop it from covering the entire floor space? If I use an imported image not a problem but using one from the library, I don't appear to be able to adjust, any ideas please?

Thanks

hi,i use HD Suite but i hope the solution is simular.first draw a square with the "invisible wall" tool (build>wall>invisible wall) and then simply fill it with the rug you want.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mat.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	13137

see also @ http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...p?faqNumber=30
    and http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=290
    Last edited by yves wouters; 02-18-2013 at 10:46 AM.

When you place a rug from the library on your floor, you should be able to select it as an object. When selected, the handles to re-size the object should appear so that you can stretch/rotate the rug. You can also change the material by selecting an alternative from the library.
    Home Designer Pro 2012

User since 7/12

Lamina
    Pro 2014
    Pro 2012
    Architectural 9

Hi Thanks to everyone who responded with a solution.

For some reason, when I select a rug and it covers the entire floor when I go to select it - it selects the entire room - it does not give me an option to select the rug to resize it, I don't know why this is but it only happens with the rugs I've selected out of the library, the same is with flooring in general, I am unable to select it again it opens the room profile and if I go to material editer from there it only gives me a choice to change it/colour but not the size.

I will have another go using some of the options listed.

Thanks again

Sounds like you are applying a rug MATERIAL to the entire floor in the room, rather than placing a rug and changing its material, so the article Lamina referred you to is the right place to go.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Hi again everyone,

Ok (I don't remember having problems with this before, I've used the software for years ) - In the Library under flooring, I've just selected a particular rug that fits the pattern I need.... however, as mentioned earlier, when I try and select the floor it only allows me to select the room specification. Though on imported rugs, not a problem, can adjust them all day long.

I'm used to changing flooring etc Lamina's way, it's not quite what I want, it would mean me drawing an invisible wall around the centre of the room. There is another way, which someone may have said, which is to draw a box or use a picture frame and drop the material in that way.

Thanks again to everyone - I luv this forum

in the article I posted it discusses putting in a rug symbol from the library and then modifying the material of the rug. not using invisible walls.
    Lamina
    Pro 2014
    Pro 2012
    Architectural 9

Quote Originally Posted by siank View Post
    Hi again everyone,

Ok (I don't remember having problems with this before, I've used the software for years ) - In the Library under flooring, I've just selected a particular rug that fits the pattern I need.... ..........
    You want to place a rug from Library - Interiors - Accessories - Rugs. This object can be selected and re-sized. You then change the material of this object with Library - Materials - Flooring - Rugs.
    Home Designer Pro 2012

User since 7/12

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rug.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	13141and if that wouldn't work maybe you can create(like the picture shows) a thin shelf with the dimensions your rug has to be at 0 above the ground and then select the rug you want as material
    Last edited by yves wouters; 02-19-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Thanks to everyone for all your helpful suggestions