Thread: Shed roof

Shed roof

I am trying to draw a two-story house -- one story in front, two story in back. I want a shed roof on the first floor but when I add it, it goes all the way to the top of the second floor. I want it to go about 4 feet up on the front of the second floor, so I can have windows. Any idea how to do that?

Thanks!
    These things too shall pass away.

See the image I have attached. If this is what you want, it is relatively easy to do. You need to make sure your two side walls are "broken" by using the wall break tool. Put the break where the side wall would connect to the wall on the upper floor. Open the wall dialog and make both walls "high shed" walls. The open the wall on the end and set the pitch to something not so steep.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Talking Shed roof/s

Thanks, KT, I do believe that will work. (I will try it this evening.)

I am really happy with the program, but there is soooo much to learn. Can't beat it for $99 bucks.

Dead shed

I can't seem to get it to work. The wall breaks seem to be there (little tiny line almost thru the wall) but I don't get the look you did, the roof is still one piece.

Any way you can send me a file?

Thanks!

I have attached a very simple plan that is similar to the picture I did before.
    Attached Files Attached Files

New shed -- thx!

That is what I needed! I think I can modify it as necessary or make a new one, thanks to the sample file you very kindly provided, since it is now clear to me what has to be set to what parameters.