Error Message - AHD8

Hi all,

For some reason I'm getting error messages in 3d mode, the message says cannot load Jpeg file may be corrupt; at first I thought it something to do with the imported images, so I took them out but it still comes up and I find that it crashes and have to restart the program.

The drivers/video graphics card are all up-to-date.

What I want to know is, if I reinstall the program from the discs, will it wipe everything that I've created (as in things I've created in the library i.e. my own materials etc) or can I just perform a fix and hopefully it will alleviate the problem?

AHD8

Many thanks,
    Sian

Sian,

Having used Chief Architect-Home Designer software since 1994, I have never experienced this particular error message (Luck?, who knows). You can and should install-reinstall as a possible solution but your guess, in this case is as good as mine.

I have seen lots of error messages of various kinds over the years and most of them have nothing to do with getting my work done (I only pay attention to machine messages on the occasion that I am trying to get something created and the "messages" seem to be preventing me which is rare).

Generally speaking, when you get an unwanted result it is directly from something that you did that you should not have done or should have done but didn't, so you learn from these mistakes.

Software is written by Software Architects-Engineers and most error messages are written in their language to communicate only to them. In any case, good luck to you.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook