Library missing HVAC and more

Hi, I'm using HD Essentials 2014 to develop some basic drawings for my basement remodel. I’m having trouble finding things in the library. Currently I’m looking for HVAC, water manifold, and gas manifold. I found a water heater under fixtures, but that’s it. Thanks for any help!
    Home Designer Essentials 2014
    *** New User

I draw Architectural plans for a living and have never had to draw a "water manifold" for any of my plans (nothing wrong with that, I am just saying I have never been asked to do so in 35 years).

Water heater symbols are available in Essentials. A gas meter symbol is not part of the current "Core Content" that comes with Essentials. Have you looked at the offered "Bonus Content" offered at the Home Designer Website (Look at the Home Designer Website - User Center - Content Downloads. Not all libraries found there are for Essentials but some are, I believe.

I tried importing from a third party site (3D Warehouse) and apparently Essentials does not support that sort of activity as do more expensive Home Designer titles.

You can certainly model a "Water Manifold" yourself from reshaped soffits and geometric shapes and other type simple objects, with a text label on them is how such things are represented from time to time.

DJP
    Last edited by David J. Potter; 01-02-2014 at 01:34 PM.

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Thanks David, I think your idea of using shapes will work just fine. I'll just label it, and submit it that way. The HVAC should not be a big deal, I'm not actually moving that.
    Home Designer Essentials 2014
    *** New User