Grid Orientation - How to change

I plotted my property coordinates accurately in my plan and so am now ready to start laying out my home. Placing my home on the current property plan means the home would be at a 45 degree angle to the screen. So I thought I can simply rotate the plan 45 degrees and start designing my home. The grid however rotated with the plan. I need the grid to remain square with the screen so I can use it while designing the home. Is there some way of changing the grid orientation or locking the grid so it does not rotate with the plan.

You always want to orient the house at standard angles, so you'll rotate the Terrain instead, and indicate North with text and an arrow.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

I have created my terrain based on a Plot Plan. I need to design my home with close consideration of the angle of the sun at different times of the year. So I am hoping rotating the terrain does not alter the relative position of the sun. I do have a North Pointer on the plan so I would expect this to rotate with the terrain thereby retaining the relative sun position. So how do I rotate the terrain?

I rotated the house, and see that that was not a good idea. But when I rotate the terrain, the perimeter rotates but not the elevation lines.

All the plans are done and submitted. Now that we walked the property and put the stakes into the ground, the house has to be adjusted to show the changes. How best do I do this?

Thank you for the help.
    Lisa
    HD Pro 2014

Methodically with malice afore though.

Seriously, you just have to be very careful, checking and double-checking everything you do to make sure everything changed as you intended. Assuming anything is dangerous where as manually checking is recommended.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

I check and double check all the time. Presently I don't have anything to check, because I have not taken any action. I have even created two new files just to fiquire this out by trial and error. I am trying to read and watch videos to learn what I have to do to rotate the terrain with all of its data, to show on plan the exact location of the house.

So input is still very welcomed from anyone that knows what actions I need to take. Thankyou.
    Lisa
    HD Pro 2014