Hybrid View

Hi Keith,
    The connections that you're seeing are caused by how you set up the wall layers, and specifically, which layer you selected to be the Main Layer (see the radio check button left of the layer thicknesses in the wall definition dialog). The software will connect walls together at the main layer. In your example image, it looks like you've defined the thick grey layer as the Main Layer, and all connecting walls connect through the other layers to that one.

In the Wall Specification dialog, on the General Tab, you should see a setting for "Wall Butts Other Walls". This may or may not solve your problem at all locations, but it is worth a try. Otherwise, you may need to rethink on your specific walls and wall types, and try to come up with a definition that better meets your connection requirements (meaning, choosing a more appropriate Main Layer).

Good luck.
    Last edited by Elovia; 04-14-2013 at 07:58 AM.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10

Quote Originally Posted by Elovia View Post
    In the Wall Specification dialog, on the General Tab, you should see a setting for "Wall Butts Other Walls". This may or may not solve your problem at all locations, but it is worth a try.
    Bilmey! It made my eyes bleed trying to find this thread again.

Elovia, your response quoted above has always been in the back of my mind when I still encounter this "problem" and I go to the wall specification general tab to try and find the setting you recommend. I may be blind or, because I am looking too hard, for the life of me I can't see the setting. Can you post a screenshot of what your wall specifcation general tab looks like because I think being an earlier version of HD Pro it may be different to mine for some reason?
    Now using Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. RIP Windows XP
    Home Designer 2014 Pro