Exclamation not a valid Win32 application

I just bought and downloaded Designer Suite 8.0 and I just tried to run the install and an error message appears:

C:\Software\Home_Designer_Suite_Setup.ext is not a valid Win32 application.

It won't let me go any further. Help!

Nevermind...oops, it failed in the download. Sorry!

Right, Anytime I have seen this it is a corrupt file likely from a download. If you did download and recieved this error - which is relatively rare - simply delete the download and re-download. If that fails call our customer service dept. and we can get you a disk.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Park
    Right, Anytime I have seen this it is a corrupt file likely from a download. If you did download and recieved this error - which is relatively rare - simply delete the download and re-download. If that fails call our customer service dept. and we can get you a disk.
    I would delete the other file before trying again. Then I thought maybe the server was having some issues so I waited until today. I tried it again and it comes up with a message saying that I have attempted too many times, to click on the link provided for help. I click it and it goes to Symantec Norton. There is nothing there related to Home Designer 8.0.

Do you have the Digital River technical support number? I can't seem to find that anywhere. I'm a bit frustrated because I wanted the download because I needed it fairly fast.

Thanks for all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by logan3975
    Do you have the Digital River technical support number?
    Digital River support for Better Homes and Gardens Home Designer software downloads can be reached via e-mail at chiefarchitect.cs@digitalriver.com or by telephone at (952)646-5000.

If you decide you want to contact our Customer Service department for the physical disk, they can be reached Monday-Friday, between the hours of 6:00AM-5:00PM Pacific Standard Time at (208)292-3400 or (800)805-0374.
    Chief Architect® Technical Support Analyst
    www.homedesignersoftware.com

Contact Support

Home Designer Support: (208)292-3375

Available Monday-Friday, between the hours of 6:00AM-5:00PM Pacific Standard Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne
    Digital River support for Better Homes and Gardens Home Designer software downloads can be reached via e-mail at chiefarchitect.cs@digitalriver.com or by telephone at (952)646-5000.

If you decide you want to contact our Customer Service department for the physical disk, they can be reached Monday-Friday, between the hours of 6:00AM-5:00PM Pacific Standard Time at (208)292-3400 or (800)805-0374.
    Thanks. I did call them and they couldn't figure out the problem so I ended up ordering a backup CD/DVD. Then I got off the phone and started to troubleshoot this issue.

Low and behold, the problem was my router. I plugged the cable directly into my computer and the download worked the first try. What a dumby I am, but at least I finally got the file.

Glad to hear it...
    Now you can start having some fun...

Most routers have a "reset to factory defaults" method. This may work for you...hope....hope.
    BH&G Pro Rev. 7.08
    Central SW Ontario, Canada
    -AMD AthlonX2 4400, 2GB, Win XP Pro
    -GeForce 8600GT
    -80GB Internal, 1TB External HDD

I built a house using this and am still find it Mickey Mouse quality.

Quote Originally Posted by daydreamer
    Glad to hear it...
    Now you can start having some fun...
    Yes, I am playing now....or at least trying to figure it out. I was really bummed at the thought of having to what for the CDs to be delivered.