Question Anytime I go to make a wall either longer or shorter, both ends adjust equally.

The house I'm trying to finish up was about 90% completed with Pro 7 and I had none of the problems/issues I'm having with Pro 8. Had I upgraded earlier and had the chance to use Pro 8 before I had to send the "key" for 7 back in order to get my rebate, I probably would have just stayed with 7. To me, the user interface was much more user friendly and intuitive. And apparently there are a number of preferences or settings that were not carried over when I upgraded.

Here's the latest: my walls seem to be anchored in the center. Anytime I go to make a wall either longer or shorter, both ends adjust equally. If I go to extend a wall that creates a corner with another wall at one end, the wall changes on both ends and they no longer meet at a corner. How can I get my walls to extend or shorten only from the end I am working with? I know it did this in 7, but I cannot find anything that will allow me to fix it in 8.

If there is a fix, please be very specific as to where it is. I have already searched through defaults, displays & preferences and I cannot find anything that changes the way my walls act.

Thanks for any help you can pass my way...............

Ken B.

HD Pro. 8.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ken B.
    Anytime I go to make a wall either longer or shorter, both ends adjust equally.
    This sounds as though you have switched over to the Concentric Edit Behavior. Select the Edit menu, go to Edit Behaviors, and click on Default.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DefaultEditBehavior.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	6824  
    Chief Architect® Technical Support Analyst
    www.homedesignersoftware.com

Contact Support

Home Designer Support: (208)292-3375

Available Monday-Friday, between the hours of 6:00AM-5:00PM Pacific Standard Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne

This sounds as though you have switched over to the Concentric Edit Behavior. Select the Edit menu, go to Edit Behaviors, and click on Default.
    Thank you ever so much.............that did it. I don't know what I would do without this site. Thanks again for all your help!!

Ken B.

HD Pro. 8.0