Plans for permit submission

I have my new floor plans for an existing home that we have just purchased and are completly gutting and remodeling. I would like to submit these plans in a professional format (blueprint format) to our municipality for permitting. Is there a way to format my drawings for such a layout?

Welcome to the Forum!

Important posts/threads you should read:

Welcome New Users

How to get good answers

How to attach pictures

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Hi, David is the wizard and he can do that for you.
    Here is my experience. I do a little part-time work (in Maryland) for a friend who owns a home improvement company. Using Home Designer Pro 2014, there are no difficulties with the permit folks with just a plan view (often with a few text annotations for clarity), a couple of elevation views and on occasion an annotated framing view. Depending upon the version of your SW, there may be the option to export the plans to the Layout view (I am not an expert of all the bells and whistles for various Chief Architect products). This looks more like a "blueprint" and is easily scaled as you desire.
    Cheers, Bill B
    PS - the experts on the this forum recommend you add the SW product and version to your forum profile. It enables them to provide you with more accurate recommendations.
    Pro 2014