After creating manual bay windows, full gamble roof goes berserk

I first built this plan with a full gamble roof on the right side and the roof looked exactly as it should. Then I created 2 manual bay windows on the first and second floors as you see in my attachment. I now can't get the roof in the attic to go full gamble across the length of the house (see little picture in the attachment for what I'm talking about).

I've gone into the attic and tried to adjust the wall that runs along the full length as "FULL GAMBLE ROOF" but this doesn't help.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something here with the creation of my manual bay windows? How can I get the roof above them to do what it is supposed to?

I'm using Suite 8 btw.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	12970

The only way I've gotten that roofline to work properly is by changing the center of the bay window wall to full gamble, which causes it to do this:

Odd. I did created an invisible wall in that room and told it to go full gamble, not sure why the bay window wall is adjusting the styling of the roofline above it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled-2.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	12971

Welcome to the Forum!

Important posts/threads you should read:

Welcome New Users

How to get good answers

How to attach pictures

The exterior wall that is common to the bay windows must, for the roof generator, be a single, unbroken wall even if just temporarily from front to rear to get the geometry you want.
    I call that sort of thing a "Temporary wall" so that you get the roof geometry you need and want. Once you have it, you turn off "Auto-Build Roof Planes" in the "Build Roof Dialog" where you can then remove the temporary wall segments. That is what you must do to get your roof done, there is no other way in Suite 8.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Thank you for the response, David. That makes sense. I'm trying to re-draw that exterior wall but for some reason it keeps retaining the areas where i previously used BREAK WALL to create the bump out for the bay windows. Any idea why that would keep happening?

Quote Originally Posted by David J. Potter View Post
    Welcome to the Forum!

Important posts/threads you should read:

Welcome New Users

How to get good answers

How to attach pictures

The exterior wall that is common to the bay windows must, for the roof generator, be a single, unbroken wall even if just temporarily from front to rear to get the geometry you want.
    I call that sort of thing a "Temporary wall" so that you get the roof geometry you need and want. Once you have it, you turn off "Auto-Build Roof Planes" in the "Build Roof Dialog" where you can then remove the temporary wall segments. That is what you must do to get your roof done, there is no other way in Suite 8.

DJP