Brick Pattern Won't Display for User Material

Apologies if this has already been asked, but can anyone help me get the tile I imported as a material in my user library to display as a brick pattern? I've imported a 3x6 marble tile, and selected the Pattern Type as Brick, but when I display it on the wall in my rendering, it only displays in a standard tile pattern. Is there something I'm missing? I've been all through the New Material dialogue box, but seem to be missing whatever it is that will allow this to display properly. I'm attempting to add it as a partial wall covering, and can't find anything in that dialogue box either.

Thanks for any help!

BTW, I did find a post with a similar question and the response was to set the wall covering to a material with a brick pattern then adjust the material definition. I did that - set the wall covering to a white subway tile, then tried adjusting the material definition to set the marble that I want. Still didn't work. Here's a screen shot (the second tile from the top (just above the blue border tile) is what I'm referring to: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shower tile.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	14170

One last thing... This is for a client trying to decide on tile selection and placement, so I need this to display in Standard View, not Glass or Vector (I know it will display properly in those views).

Welcome to the Forum!

Important posts/threads you should read:

Welcome New Users

How to get good answers

How to attach pictures

What software title and version are you using please?

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Thank you, David! I'm using HD Pro 2014...

Jennifer

How a material displays across a 3D surface is controlled by way the "Adjust Material" tool (icon is a tri-color) when you left-click on a material in a camera view using the Adjust Material tool you get an adjust material dialog which allows you to adjust the materials pattern type, direction of pattern, and how a texture file is orientated in terms of size and angle.
    You should be able to get the material just as you want it using this tool and its dialog.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver

Thanks David!

I'm familiar with the material definition tool, but it doesn't work that way either. The pattern displays as brick in the dialogue box, but remains standard tile in the view (standard and watercolor). Vector and Glass House views display a brick pattern, but these views aren't what I need for this client. Should mention that I'm using Windows 8, in case that has something to do with it.

Jennifer

K6 Rendering
    http://www.k6rendering.com
    k6rendering@gmail.com

See if this demonstration video help please:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wdo3FuPgjA

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Arrow Did you ever figure out how to offset?

Quote Originally Posted by K6Rendering View Post
    BTW, I did find a post with a similar question and the response was to set the wall covering to a material with a brick pattern then adjust the material definition. I did that - set the wall covering to a white subway tile, then tried adjusting the material definition to set the marble that I want. Still didn't work. Here's a screen shot (the second tile from the top (just above the blue border tile) is what I'm referring to: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shower tile.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	14170
    I'm trying to do a 19x19 inche tile off set, however, can't get it to work when I've imported the material in. Also, I noticed you had an accent band, how did you add this? I have a linear glass mosaic that I want to add vertically to my walls and can't figure this out either.
    Reenie