Thread: Fascia Gap

Fascia Gap

Hi,
    I've searched the site and can't find an answer. I'm cleaning up a few details on my drawing and have a problem with a gap in one of the fascia boards. I don't know why this is happening, but can see the fascia rafter doesn't completely build when performing roof framing command. I have manually gone in and extended the rafter to the ridge, but it immediately snaps back when I re-frame. Is there some way to keep manual changes from redrawing? I don't want to rebuild the roof, because I get very strange results. Is it possible to just build a manual fascia board? I've included a couple of snapshots to show what is happening.
    Thanks

http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...&thumb=1&stc=1

http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...&thumb=1&stc=1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fascia Problem.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	14258   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Framing Problem.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	14259  

Welcome to the Forum!

Important posts/threads you should read:

Welcome New Users

How to get good answers

How to attach pictures

What software are you using exactly please? Generally speaking I would (If I was using Home Designer Pro) tweak the roof edge, in and out until it parsed correctly. If that did not work, I would delete that roof plane and draw a new one until that unwanted result was no longer present. It should not do that but is doing that so you give the software opportunities to right itself is what I do in such unwanted instances.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Thanks David,

Sorry I'm using Home Designer Pro 2014. I did redraw the roof plane once and it came right back, but it was there for a second. It's not that big of a deal, but I will try your suggestions.

Home Designer Pro is a complicated-sophisticated mechanical device and considering what it is capable of and gets right the vast majority of tasks I deem it understandable that from time to time, end users might impress upon the software conditions that could not possibly be predicted by its makers that could accidentally cause unwanted results (like your missing fascia).

So you try to change the existing conditions which caused the unwanted anomaly and by doing so then eliminate the unwanted artifact. I do not think that there are any "settings" that are causing this (I suppose you should check the settings in the "roof plane specification dialog-framing tab-fascia" to make sure but I doubt it.

Like I said, it should not be doing that but is, so just insist by your actions that it right itself and I believe it will.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Chief Premier 7-16, Home Designer 7-2014 All Titles
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32 500 gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-6929
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel Follow me on Facebook

Thanks I got it! It took many tries to finally get it but re-doing the roof plane and then playing with both gable ends finally got it to fill in and stay there. I'm amazed at the capabilities the program has.

Rocky