Threaded View

Struggling with extended gable roof and ceilings

Hi All,

My boyfriend and I just bought an old farmhouse and are hoping to use Home Designer as a way to see what our plans look like before we dive into renovating each room. We have struggled with getting the roof to look right in the program, as well as the ceilings/walls inside. As you can see in the exterior photo attached (showing the back of the house), the roof is divided into two perpendicular gabled sections. There are two stories on the left side of the house, plus a "bonus room" that is essentially a finished attic (where that big trapezoid window is). On the right is only two stories. The last owner removed a knee wall and now you can see directly into the downstairs from the second floor (as seen in the second photo).

I feel like I've tried everything, so I'm looking for some guidance mainly on how to get the extended gable roof to extend from the 2nd floor down to the 1st floor.

Any help is appreciated! I'm still relatively new to this, so if you need more info, let me know.

Thanks,
    Dez
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130615_153444.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	185.2 KB 
ID:	14276   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130819_134616.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	211.4 KB 
ID:	14275