Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Kbird View Post
    looks like you have the wall heights for the room closest to the camera set wrong (as well?) , the photo shows it different from your cam view where it looks as though it is 2 storey's high but is actually 1 1/2 ? . I had to look a few times at each image to figure out what didn't look right but if that room/roof is lower it will look more like the photo.

if the garage foundation/slab is built ? then the height maybe set the same as the main floor of level one , so you would need to set a negative value ...say -12" depending on how many steps you have from the garage floor up into the house floor, eg 12" is (2) x 6" steps.

M.
    Hi Mick, Thanks for your reply. Yes, you have identified the problem. The roof in the model is too high. But it is not 1.5 stories, it is 2 stories, but the walls of the room over which the roof is lower are cut off by the roof. I looked up "dormers" because it's sort of like dormers, except that there is only one "dormer", sort of, here is a picture:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new camera 083small.jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	14590

Both the side wall (side of garage) and the back wall (snowy photo) are gable walls, I think, except the back wall is sort of like a dormer but it extends all the way down to the garage. The front wall (with no window) might be a knee wall? I'm not sure. I don't see any option to change individual wall heights.

Here is the plan, if it helps - I made some notes on it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diagram.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	14591

And about the floating garage, actually the whole house is 3' off the ground, but the garage is at ground level. So the garage is 0 and I moved up the rest of the house 3'. I also use Landscape and Deck 2014 for garden plans and I think the problem with the floating garage is that the grade of the land is off - I need to raise it, I think. But I'm more concerned with the roof thing because I really have no idea how to fix it.