Hybrid View

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself , I am a Contractor and have been messing with the software for 5-6 yrs and still get frustrated every time I use it looks like Joanne has you on the right track , she does know her way around this software for sure and you'll surely be happy when you "get it right"

When I mentioned 1 1/2 storey's I was thinking about the 2nd KB article JoAnn pointed you too ,as to how HD does these type of 2 storey rooms, I wasn't aware of the Garage Bonus Room Tip Article.... As JoAnn said I always use a new practice plan to try these things out on 1st ( and save them) before trying the technique on a backup copy of the original plan in case I mess up just goto File>Save As> add a _1 to end of file name once plan is open and you will be working on the backup plan instead, the titlebar of the HD window will tell you the name of the file you are working on. If it gets too messed up just close the plan ,without saving it , then open it and try again , it will be the same plan as when you 1st "save as" _1. When you get it write save it , then you can "Save As" back to the Current name by deleting the _1 from the name and okaying overwrite the existing file, you will then have a good file plus a good backup in case of future problems.

M.
    Mick

HD Pro 10.4.3.5
    Arch. HD 9.6
    HD Suite 8.5

Thank you Mick and JoAnn, yes I changed the dimensions but I need to go out and measure again to make sure this is all right. And I will look at pictures - I understood a knee wall to be an interior wall where there isn't an exterior wall - because the roof is outside the knee wall - I thought the roof rested on the first story exterior walls, but perhaps the exterior 2nd story walls are just very short? I will look up pictures. Thank you for all your help, and also about saving backup copies and etc. - I have discovered that this software does not "undo" very well so I have messed up designs (have used versions of CA software for years on our previous house), so that is a good idea as I'd hate to lose all my work on this one! Thank you again, I will post again once I make some progress.