Exclamation installation error message

I just bought Home Designer 7.0, and when trying to install it, the InstallShield Wizard makes it to 2 bars then gives me an error message:

"An error (-5003: 0x8004ace8) has occurred while running the setup.

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Chief Architect Inc."

Customer Support is closed for the night, so I was curious if anyone had any tips for the time being. I've closed all my apps, gone through the troubleshooting from the support site, restarted my comp... what else could make it work?

Thanks in advance.

I Googled your error code and found that it's pretty common and indicates a problem with InstallShield.

The workaround is the same for all programs and can be found here: http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...eid=2324&nav=0

------------------------------
    Please try renaming the c:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\ folder to be called installshieldold.

Close all programs and try to install the program you are getting errors on again

This will force windows to create a new installshield folder that is clean of any previous installation attempts.

------------------------------

Hope this helps!

Thank you Chris, it didn't occur to me it could be a problem with Install shield. I'm trying that right now, hopefully it works!