Threaded View

In an effort, to not allow the soft-ware to defeat me, I started a brand new plan. So far I've managed to do the manual dormer, with MY home made round top vent/louver; however, I am unable to get the gables to draw correctly (they are now missing at the porch) and even though I followed DJP's You tube and attempted to edit the height of the cupola.....NO DEAL....no matter the changes I make it has reached it's current height and keeps telling me to go take a hike when I attempt to set a new ceiling height. So what you see is what I have at this point.
    I am still working on it! I have only drawn the exterior walls visible and invisible to this point. @ 1 you see the cupola just stays at that height no matter what. imaginary bottom drops lower when I fiddle w/different heights. @ 2-no gable at the porch area and even if I try to draw it manually nothing shows.
    So, I keep working. I had to change the porch from invisible walls, to railing with post to beam no shoe, top or bottom rail and also put a ceiling in although I didn't want one. Then the software cooperated and put my gable walls back in. While clumsily searching for gable vent, I came across Arched top vent louver in of all places-Mech, Elec, Plumbing "ventilation" well imagine that. I guess to keep the gable ends I'll have to do what the software wants, and doctor the posts up to get a Wood wrap with cultured stone base.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cupola height doesn't change.JPG 
Views:	421 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	14659   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Porch w gable ends.JPG 
Views:	426 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	14660   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New plan & Cupola.JPG 
Views:	411 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	14658   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pony wall w stone.JPG 
Views:	419 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	14661  
    Last edited by BB boy; 05-12-2014 at 11:23 AM.
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”